In order to be certified or maintained by GPC as an auditor, candidate must take an exam against related to standard. The exam location and time will be notified in advance and will usually be held on Saturdays at 10:00 am. Candidates must arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the exam, and tardiness or absence will be automatically scored as 0 points. Candidates must present their identification cards (including photos) for the exam. Candidates must leave the prohibited items with the invigilator in advance. If cheating is confirmed, invigilator may request candidate to check out and no further exam will be allowed.
The exam consists of a knowledge and attribution exam, and the allotted time is a total of 100 minutes for the knowledge and attribution exam. The candidate can take the knowledge exam as an open book.
1. Knowledge exam
The knowledge exam is conducted to evaluate the knowledge of ISO standards, and it evaluates the competence and qualifications of candidates who want to perform audit activities.
The knowledge exam has a total of 50 questions and consists of 4 sections. The candidate passes if all of the following pass criteria meet.
- - More than 40% correct by sectional category
- - An acquirement of more than 70 points total
If do not pass the knowledge exam, candidate will be given one more chance to retake the exam.
In the event of consecutive failures of the exam, candidate will not be able to take the knowledge exam again for one year.
2. Attribution exam
The attribution exam is based on ISO 19011:2018 and evaluates qualifications and characteristics as an auditor. It also determines how well the candidate understands the question.
The attribution exam has a total of 25 questions, and a score of 70 or higher is a pass.
The highest point of each question is 4 points. The further away from the correct answer, the more points are deducted. (If not selected, 0 point) Candidates should choose without delay what they believe to be the correct answer.
If do not pass the exam, candidates will be given one chance for an interview.
If do not pass the interview, candidates cannot take the attribution exam again for one year.
- The GPC exam can be conducted in three ways.
- 1. Training provider - Training and exam can be conducted at the same time at a training provider designated by GPC.
- 2. Visit to GPC - Candidates can take the exam by visiting the GPC. - GPC proceeds with a test 10:00 am on the last Saturday of each month for those who have registered in advance.
- 3. Individual exam - If the exam methods 1 and 2 are restricted, the exam can be conducted online according to the GPC procedure. - However, a declaration of faithfulness and security compliance pledges is required, and candidate must prove that the methods 1 and 2 are restricted.